I decided to join in on Randy's SNGF and Denise's Past and Present Photo Challenge today. Since I had already submitted my, Past and Present photo for the challenge on my Our Life in Photos by Ginisology blog in Dear Photograph style, I also wanted to join in on the "genea-heirheads" Saturday fun here . . . . so, if you are up for a fun challenge (and it was a challenge), your mission, if you decided to accept is to:
1) Review Denise Levenick's (The Family Curator) three blog posts on the Present Photo Challenge. World Photography Day is coming up Aug 19, and this seemed like a fun thing to do something genealogy-wise.
* The Family Curator: Dear Photograph: 35th Wedding Anniversary post.
* Five tips for snapping the perfect Dear Photograph Picture, by, The Family Curator.
2) Identify one or more photographs from your own photograph collection that you could use for the Present Photo Challenge.
3) Show us the photographs that you could use on your blog, a Facebook status or a Google Plus Stream.
4) Please post a link on Denise's blog about your blog post, and/or on this blog post linking to your blog post.
My daughter on her first day of school at our front door then, and now, she will be teaching children in 2011.
My daughter on her first day of school in 1987, at our front door. On the first day of school every year, we would take a photo at our front door. We now do the same with our grandchildren.
Our front door today in 2011
This was not an easy project to do, the photo used, was the best out of many photos I took in every way I could muster . . . and with two different Canon cameras. This will take a bit more practice but for now, I am using this one for the photo challenge The Past is Present: Genealogy Photo Challenge For World Photography Day. that, Denise Levenick issued to us geneabloggers, genealogists, and family historians on her blog, The Family Curator.
Here's how you can participate ~
The Family Curator is issuing a challenge to geneabloggers, genealogists, and family historians! Celebrate genealogy and family history for World Photography Day August 19 by combining the past and present in a photograph. You might want to recreate an old photo or bring the past to the present day in DearPhotograph style.
Post your photograph with descriptive caption on your blog and send the link to The Family Curator no later than 6am PST 15 Aug 2011. I will post a round-up article of contributions on or before August 19, World Photography Day.
Get creative and have fun!