21 March 1933 ~ 21 July 2010
This year, I picked photos for her memorial collage that I thought brought out how mom lived her life . . . she was fun, happy, content, full of spunk and love and wiser than anyone I have known. She loved life.
There are a few photos that I know she would rather I not share but, as I looked through them, they brought such a smile to my face and heart . . . they are just so "her!" There were so many more but for now, these say it best.
I miss my mom and my best friend more than I can express . . . here's to you mom . . . we love you!
~~~~~~~ ♥ ~~~~~~~
The special bond of Mother and child is written with love on their hearts and souls and make them a part of each other forever. ~ Author unknown
Photos ~ starting left, going clockwise ~
- Mom standing in my aunt Ginnie's kitchen on our 2008 trip to Kentucky in our RV.
- Newspaper photo and article about mom becoming the first female store manager for Montgomery Wards in San Jose.
- April of 2010 ~ mom flew home to Augsburg to arrange my Oma's (1913 - 2010) memorial service ~ she is playing cards with my cousins, Eleni and Marina at my cousin, Marion's home.
- Childhood photo ~ guessing she may be about ten or eleven (date is unknown)?
- Mom at a vintage car show.
- Not quite sure what mom was doing with the Spaghetti packages but she was having a great time!
- Mom and my daughter, Lacie in Augsburg, Germany in 1992.
- Mom in her apartment on Homestead Road in Santa Clara . . . the mid 1970's.
- Center photo ~ mom sitting on the side of her pool (date unknown).
- The background . . . a letter on note paper from my Oma.