Thomas MacEntee over at GeneaBloggers has a meme called What I Do. Thomas says,
you basically list what you use in terms of technology to either run your genealogy business or pursue your family history as a hobby.
Here is what I use~
- Hardware: I have two laptops: HP Compaq AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-70 with Windows Vista laptop and a Toshiba Satellite P205 Intel Inside, with Windows Vista and an older HP desktop Computer with a 21 inch flat screen.
- External storage: Western Digital - My Book Essential 1 Terabyte -- love it! 2 thumbdrives that I carry around with me, has all of my photos, FTM, documents etc. SimpleTech external hard drive 120 GB.
- Online storage: none
- Firewall: McAfee (Included in our Cox Cable computer package)
- Virus Protection: McAfee
- Spyware: McAfee
- File cleaner: none
- Printer: Canon Pixma MP510 all in one printer, scanner, copier, absolutely love it, only thing better would be a larger bed for 12x12 scrapbook papers.
- Phone: Verizon LG enVtouch (would love a "Droid" but happy with my enVtouch at the moment).
- Email: Yahoo and Gmail
- Mobile Device: Phone above
- Music Media: iPod 30GB older (love music)
- eBook Reader: none as of yet
- Browser: Google Chrome and IE 8
- Calendar: Google Calendar and Franklin Covey Planner Classic size (paper and still love it)
- RSS Reader: Google Reader, Microsoft Feeds (very rarely used anymore, slowly converting all to Google Reader)
- Graphics: Picasa, Microsoft Publisher (love), and Adobe Photo Shop Elements 6.0 (trying to learn PSE!), IrfanView.
- Screen Capture: Print Screen and paste into Paint program
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter using Tweetdeck, Genealogy Wise
- Office Suite: Google Docs, Microsoft Office 2000
- Blog: Blogger
- Genealogy Database: Family Tree Maker 2010. Will be trying Legacy 7.0 soon.
- Car Audio: Stock stereo system with Bose speakers and Aux plug for iPod for podcasts and my music.
That's about as techy as I have gotten so far!
Post a Comment